All puppies have 2 year written guarantee to be free of all life threatening genetic defects or you we will replace your puppy. All puppies will get at least one shot and be wormed while here. We are a FAMILY breeder and all of our dogs are indoor/outdoor pets. Raising suitable "FAMILY" pets is our main objective. Because we have "little ones" too, temperament is a KEY factor in our breeding.
***We do not sell as breeders. Spay and neuter required***
CALL OR EMAIL ME AFTER READING THIS PAGE:
1) Do you have puppies available?
Look @ our puppy page for availability. if nothing there, see "HOW TO RESERVE A PUPPY" Page
(a) We are now primarily breeding only as we have a full list. That means you should see our "HOW TO RESERVE A PUPPY" page.
(b) Do your dogs hunt?
1) Miniature golden retrievers are considered hunting dogs by classification. We can not guarantee that your dog will hunt but most do possess the instincts required if you are a good trainer.
2) How much is this puppy or that puppy?
a) Please see the Price page. That will tell you prices. Unless a puppy is marked otherwise, that is your price.
3) How big will this or that puppy get?
a) Please see typical weight estimates next to each litter write up on our puppy pages. We ONLY offer a size range and will not pin point an exact weight for you.
4) When do I get to choose my puppy?
a) We typically begin choosing at "about" 5 weeks of age but if the person who is first in line would like to choose sooner, the process can begin sooner. No one is "required" to choose before 5 weeks though.
b) This is also the time that we will learn "which" puppies are still available if any are left in a particular litter.
5) How does choosing my puppy work?
a) Puppies are chosen by the order in which the deposits are received. 1st dep = 1st choice, 2nd dep = 2nd choice and so on.
b) You choose your own puppy based on pictures that are sent out every 7-14 days. At about 5 weeks, you will be given brand new pictures to choose from and notified by email it is your turn to choose. You will have 36 hours to choose your puppy. Failure to choose in that time frame will bump you to the bottom of the list.
c) Even by 5 weeks, puppies do not show a lot of personality so please do not ask me to pick the perfect puppy for your specific needs at this young age. "I" am only human and mostly go by the parental dispositions (seen here: http://www.miniaturegoldenretriever.net/contact_7.html) and not the actual puppy dispositions at such a young age.
6) What happens next?
a) After placing a deposit on a litter, we wait for the puppies to arrive . I will notify you via email if you are on my reservation list typically within 24 hours of delivery.
b) After your puppy is chosen, you wait again until about 10-14 days prior to your puppies 8 week birthdate. At that time, I will send out a "Shipping Notice". This notice will tell you what you will need to do next. Such as what food exactly to order, what exact date we "project" to ship and other information needed from you as well as payment due date reminder. (COVID 19 has caused some shipping disruptions so this part is still up in the air currently)
If you wish to order food early, we recommend doing so from the link on the bottom of all my emails. Grain free all stages is what we feed. Plus we recommend getting at least 2 cans of pork and vennison to help ease puppy into his/her new home.
7) How exactly is shipping done? How much does it cost? (ALL INFO IS PRE COVID)
a) Both of those questions and most others are answered right here:
b) (PRE COVID 19) Your puppy would ship typically within 3 days of its 8 week birthdate. If your puppy has not been born, you will want to give yourself about a 3 week window for planing his arrival. Do not book any vacations ect during that time.
c) After puppy arrives, it is typically within 3 days of his 8 week birthdate that he will be shipped.
d) If you miss your shipping date, you will be charged an extra $100 trip fee plus boarding fees to keep your puppy.
8) How do I make payment or place a deposit?
a) Right here: http://www.miniaturegoldenretriever.net/custom.html
b) Are deposits refundable?
9) Are deposits transferrable to other people and other litters?
10) Does price of deposit come off of total puppy price?
11) Do you allow visitors?
a) Since we had someone bring parvo to our place several years back, we no longer allow people to stroll along our dog pens or puppy areas. Short answer "no".
b) We are working on a plan to accomadate puppy visitors and still keep our puppies safe but this will require a new building. Since 98% of our puppies are shipped, it has not been at the top of our priority list but it is climbing the ladder gradually.
c) What do we do to Prevent Parvo?
1) #1, we bathe mother dogs with soap and water when they come in to have puppies. #2, we have raised dog runs with doggie doors to keep mother dogs from ever touching the ground until puppies are weaned. #3, our family ALWAYS takes off our shoes before entering the house, then we disinfect our shoes via parvo solution. #4, we wash any clothing that gets near a potentially contaminated area or outside dog (even if there is a small possibility of contamination) with special parvo solution. #5, We only use Neo Par vaccine on our mother dogs (booster yearly) and on our puppies starting at 5.5 weeks per the neo tech representatives advice. #6, By Gods Grace, we pray....we are only human and certainly can not control everything that comes our way. However God has kept parvo away for a bit and we are thankful for every day that He continues to do so.
12) Do you have a runt?
a) Likely not. These are a mixed breed of dog still with both large and small dog genes. Small puppies are in every litter as they are genetically small but not considered a runt. HOWEVER we are NOW able to produce TINY TOYS WEIGHING 20 lbs or less!!!! These are rare but we ARE getting them!
13) Can I have the Runt? Or "smaller" puppy?
a) Please see # 12
14) Are females smaller or calmer than males?
a) No, both females and males can be bigger or smaller in the litter. Both male and female dogs have their own energy levels and personalities that can not be stereotyped with ANY degree of accuracy.
15) Are the puppies trained at all?
a) No official training but they are typically used to using a doggy door .
16) What food is my puppy eating?
a) Please see question 6) "b"
We have decided to switch to the grain free all stages food due to the possible glyphosate contamination in grains. We can't fix everything wrong in this world but we are doing the best we can with what we have.
17) What shots has my puppy had?
a) Typically 2 neo par shots before leaving but see your contract for speciffic shots your pup has had.
b) Why do you not give more combo shots? (Because puppies do have adverse reactions and sometimes die from vaccinations. Therefore, we give parvo only (benefits outweigh the risks) and spare the puppy all the other stress on its immune system until it is slightly older AND you and your vet can decide what is best for your fur baby))
18) Is my puppy guaranteed?
a) Yes your puppy is guaranteed against life threatening genetic defects. The guarantee will provide a "replacement" puppy at a later date when you are ready. You may still keep your defective puppy and make any vet decisions you see fit without my interference. You may also transfer your replacement puppy to a friend or relative. Please understand that we will not send you a cash refund as we do not have any say in ANY of the food you feed, vaccinations you give, environment in which you keep your dog, cleaners or other known carcinogens you use around your dog.....or on any stress or strain you may expose your puppy or adult dog. Therefore, we will not be financially responsible for any unforeseen issues that arise. However, in all fairness, we will replace your puppy and allow you to keep the original. We have had very good luck health wise with our breeding program and do not expect any issues. The guarantee is just in case something does go wrong. We DO require you to sign up for a 30 day free trial of pet health insurance to validate your guarantee. We do NOT require you to continue coverage after the 30 day free trial.
19) DO YOU HAVE A SPAY/NEUTER CONTRACT?
a) YES we have a strict spay and neuter contract.
20) What breeds are in your miniature golden retriever mix?
a) A miniature golden retriever (since 2005) has been, golden, cocker, miniature poodle.
b) Other people have done some altering of that mix but we like what we have and believe our dogs are just right the way they are.